Tuesday, February 10, 2009

still a gem


"Incredible!" My grandpa beamed as he paused in his steering directions to me. I poked my head out of the open window to see what he was talking about, and then saw that I had precisely enough space in between the car's bumper and the garage wall to squeeze past. Hold that thought!, I replied, popping the car into neutral and dashing into my apartment. Emerging with my camera, I grinned and explained that I had to document the event.
Sharing a laugh afterwards, we lauded the merits of my perfect Pearl . . . this seemingly flawless car that has served me so well over the years. Only in this little Toyota could I have conquered the dilemma of a trapped car in a hopelessly shut garage door--not only was the electric pulley broken, but the manual override latch had also snapped . . . Pearl was trapped!
But no. Thanks to PaCharley's skilled directives, a bit of mutual problem-solving, and some shifting of stored furniture and a surprisingly light trailer, I was able to maneuver Pearl out of the other, parallel garage door . . . So much for that manicure splurge :-)

No comments: