Monday, February 16, 2009

in all seriousness


This morning I listened to a radio interview on the topic of Play. This researcher has spent decades studying the importance of play, for adults as well as for children. The idea, basically, is that play should not be considered an optional luxury; rather, we has humans need it . . . it should be serious business [pun intended :-)].
I happen to agree. So the sight of Ian on the swing when I came home this afternoon seemed a fitting photo for the day. And it had me musing on the topic as I washed windows; which, incidentally, felt rather like play for me, in that I do love the methodically soothing nature of that sort of work. Reading is another form of play for me, if you think of play as anything that allows you to lose track of time and get lost in the moment.
I'm curious for you out there in blogging readership land: what sorts of play do you enjoy, and need to make time for? And then, your "homework" is to go do it--make the time and know you need it!

No comments: