Sunday, January 06, 2008

semi-satisfactory completion


I have just finished this belated Christmas gift and while I am understandably pleased at the completion of such a long-time project, I am unexpectedly saddened. Similar to when one finishes a beloved book, I am feeling the loss of my work-in-progress. So I am brainstorming as to my next one . . . I think I will do another improvised quilt-like project, as I have some cut squares to build upon: any ideas [or requests ;-)] from anyone out there?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Anna,

It's totally beautiful! BTW--about your sweet comment and desire that I expand my thoughts--I have to tell you that I just finished an intense week with some visitors and have so much to say but don't know how to express it. So I don't think I can say more, at least not on the inner life behind that last post!

Jenny said...

Dear Anna,

No apologies! What was amazing to me was that you figured it out--I was holding back because I didn't want to put anything out there that might hurt someone.

Perhaps I'll find a way to write about it one day. Maybe I'll even take a crack at it tonight.