Tuesday, April 20, 2010

mystery plants?


When I caught a glimpse of these little curiosities the other day, I knew I would be returning with my camera. After doing so, today, I mentioned my intriguing photo subject to my friend, showing her the picture. I should have expected as much, considering how knowledgeable she is about all things local--but I still found myself duly impressed when she spouted off the name and spoke of what folks do with them . . .
And so I ask you all: anyone out there in blog-land know
1. What the common name is? and
2. What can be done with them?
The first correct responder just might win a prize :-)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Anna,

Keep a close eye on those. I think they just might be baby ferns! Ours look like that when they just come out of the ground. They are lovely...

anna j said...

Yep--Fiddlehead Ferns, in fact . . . do you eat yours there as well?