Sunday, January 25, 2009

a faucet affair

One of the things I have most enjoyed about home maintenance projects is how some of the more apparently daunting amongst them have turned into surprisingly straightforward ones. Today, for instance, I installed aerators into the water faucets. When I pulled the little gadgets out of the box they looked frighteningly minute. And with no instructions to go by, I had initial visions of dismantled parts, unhinged pipes, and the like. Looking more closely at the rim, however, I decided to try my luck at simply unscrewing [my grandpa taught me my "lefty loosey" ;-)] . . . and it worked!
I now have high falutin' energy-efficient aerated water pipes. And yet another photo of my faucet.

No comments: