Sunday, August 10, 2008

the one


No doubt you wonder why I would be so interested in this, apparently mundane, sort of scene. The reason is a simple one--silly, even: it reminds me of a painting I clipped out of a magazine back in high school. It was an impressionist scene, of a girl lost in her delight, flying high in a swing such as this one, suspended over a forest spring. The depiction captivated me at the time so that I longed to be transported into the middle of it. But I have no idea who painted it, and have not seen it since high school, so who knows what that particular piece of art was, or if it would have the same impact on my now . . . in my cynical old age ;-)

4 comments:

tonkelu said...

A question remains: did you swing on it?

Another lovely pic, BTW.

anna j said...

No dear . . . I fear my courage extended only to trespassing just long enough to snap this shot ;-)

Jennifer said...

Hi Anna! That's a beautiful pic! Thank you for entering my giveaway--wishing you lots of luck!!

anna j said...

Thanks Jennifer--it's sweet of you to come over to my blogging neck of the woods :-)